Maryland Protective Order Lawyers
A protective order in Maryland is used to provide relief and protection to victims of abuse. These orders are usually for a spouse, partner, boyfriend, girlfriend, a blood relative or someone you have lived with for at least 90 days. If you have a protective order filed against you please call our Maryland protective order lawyers for a free case review. let them put their extensive experience handling Maryland protective orders to work for you.
Maryland Protective Order Attorney Paul E. Mack serve all of Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Carroll County and Howard County.
What Constitutes Abuse In Maryland
- Any act resulting in serious bodily harm
- Act that places the victim in fear of imminent serious bodily harm
- Rape or sexual offense
- False imprisonment
- Revenge Porn
Do not face these charges alone. Let our Baltimore protective order attorneys get you through this with as little consequences as possible.
Are Protective Orders Misdemeanors Or Felonies?
It depends on many factors such as your history of protective orders, what type of assault brought on the protective order, etc. Also, how you behave and adhere to the order determines how bad the penalties are.
Types Of Protective Orders In Maryland
Maryland has three types of protective orders. They are:
- Interim protective order,” A district court commissioner (quasi-Judge) issues these orders when courts are closed, times outside of 8:30-4:30, Monday-Friday, and on federal holidays. This order lasts for about 48 hours or until the second day once the courts are open.
- The second type is a temporary protective order. This order is the more typical order which a Judge initially issues at the end of 48 hours or if you have filed your petition with the court during normal business hours. The Courts enter these orders provided that it finds that you demonstrated “reasonable grounds” that you or other person eligible for relief has been a victim of “abuse”. This order lasts for about one week or until the Final Protective Order hearing is held.
- The third type is a final protective order. A Court may issue a final protective order If the Petitioner has proved grounds of abuse by higher standard called the “preponderance of evidence”. A FPO can last up to a year.
Contact Our Maryland Protective Order Attorneys
Please do not wait to connect with our Annapolis protective order lawyers. They will do everything they can to get all charges dismissed. They offer free consultations.
Serving the Annapolis, Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City, Elkridge, Scaggsville, Jessup, Glen Burnie, Severna Park, Westminster and Fort Meade.