Stalking Defense Attorneys In Maryland
Being accused of stalking in Maryland is very serious and Maryland stalking laws carry serious consequences and penalties. A Maryland stalking charge is considered a felony or misdemeanor and a conviction will disrupt your life now and in the future. The level of charge is contingent upon the exact circumstances surrounding your case, was it your fist offense, etc. If you have been charged with stalking in Pennsylvania it is a wise move to consult with a Maryland Stalking Defense Lawyer.
Do not let a stalking charge change your life now and in the future. Call our Maryland Stalking Defense Lawyers if you are facing stalking charges in Maryland. They will plan a solid and strategic defense and be with you every step of the way. Please contact them by clicking here.
Stalking Laws In Maryland
Per Maryland law a person is guilty of stalking when they knowingly engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person and that would cause a reasonable person to:
Fear physical harm or injury
Suffer significant mental anguish
Aggravating Factors Associated With Stalking Charges In MD
Several factors or circumstances in Maryland may make your pending stalking charges more severe. Examples are:
- If you are an adult and the victim is a minor
- If you violated an existing restraining order or no contact order
- If the victim is elderly
- You threatened the victim with serious injury or death
- You caused physical harm to the victim
- You were in possession of a deadly weapon at time of incident
Signs of Stalking
Stalking is typically done by someone known to the victim. It is usually by a current or former partner. Yet some victims are stalked by complete strangers.
Stalking can include a wide array of behaviors:
- Does someone always seem to be just around the corner when you are going to work, are out with friends, or in your neighborhood?
- Does someone keep making unwanted phone calls to your home or work?
- Do you find signs that someone has been in or near your home, your car, or your workplace when you were not there?
- Are you receiving repeated letters, gifts, cards, social media posts and/or emails even though you told the sender to stop sending them?
- Has someone tried to get information about you from a third person like a family member, friend, or co-worker?
- Is someone posting information or spreading rumors about you on the internet, in a public place, or by word of mouth?
Contact A University Of Baltimore Stalking Lawyer For A Free Consult
A stalking charge is very serious. You need experienced and aggressive representation, not a lesser attorney who will convince you to take less than favorable plea. Call Maryland Stalking Defense Lawyer Paul E. Mack today to discuss your pending stalking charges. You can also click here to contact Mr. Mack.
Serving the accused throughout Annapolis, Baltimore, Columbia, Dundalk, Elkridge, Ellicott City, Essex, Fort Meade, Jessup, Scaggsville, Westminster and Severna Park, MD.