Maryland DUI Defense Lawyers
If you are charged with, and ultimately convicted of, DUI or DWI on Maryland you are looking at very serious and costly penalties. One drink too many can result in you being unable to safely operate a car, truck, motorcycle or any motor vehicle. You should not face this alone and by no means should you attempt to represent yourself or take your chances with a public defender. Maryland first DUI penalties are stiff and you need out Ellicott City, MD DWI attorneys to help you.
Please click here to contact our Columbia, Maryland DUI defense lawyers for a free case review. With an office in Clarksville, Maryland they serve the Annapolis, Baltimore, Cockeysville, Columbia, Ellicott City, Essex, Fort Meade & Glen Burnie.
Mandatory Penalties For First Offense DUI
For a first offense impaired driving, DUI or DWI in MD you face:
- Fines of up to a $1,000 .00.
- Up to one year in jail.
- Twelve (12) points will be assessed on your driving record.
- Your drivers license may be suspended or revoked for up to six (6) months.
How To Beat A Maryland DUI Charge
In many cases our Columbia, MD DWI attorneys have helped clients beat their pending Maryland DUI charges. This is also referred to as getting the charges dropped or dismissed. This can be done in a variety of ways and each case is different. Your prior DUI or DWI history, criminal record and history of traffic offenses have a lot to do with whether or not our Fort Meade, MD DUI attorneys can get your charges dismissed or dropped. Common DUI defenses used to beat a DUI case in Maryland can be:
- Challenging whether or not cop had probable cause to pull you over
- Challenging blood test results
- Challenging breath test results
- Reviewing medical history and any prescription medications you may be taking
- If charged with DUI or DWI at a Maryland DUI roadblock or MD DWI checkpoint our Ilchester MD DUI lawyers will make sure MD and federal laws re: checkpoints were abided by
There are other ways to successfully defend MD DUI charges. You need the help of our Jessup, Maryland DUI lawyers as they will put their extensive knowledge of Maryland DUI laws to work for you.
Serving the Annapolis, Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City, Essex, Jessup, Highland, Fulton, Ilchester, Scaggsville, Elkridge, North Laurel, Savage, Clarksville, Fort Meade & Sykesville, MD areas.