Legal Representation for Drug Crimes
Law enforcement and the judicial system can both be unforgivingly tough on drug crimes in Maryland. Whether you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or a police officer failed to obtain evidence legally, you need a drug crime lawyer who will go to bat for you.
As your defense attorney, Paul E. Mack protects your rights and works zealously to clear your name. Mr. Mack practices criminal defense in Maryland with extensive experience in local drug crime laws. Please call us or contact us online to request a consultation with Mr. Mack if you need a drug defense lawyer in Maryland.
Laws and Penalties for Drug Crimes in Maryland
Other than possession of a tiny amount of marijuana, any drug-related crime in Maryland faces potential stiff penalties. A surprising number of objects can be declared drug paraphernalia. The prosecutor might also use the presence of a scale or even plastic bags as evidence of intent to distribute.
Paul E. Mack has defended many clients over the years facing both misdemeanor and felony drug charges in Maryland, such as:
Legal Defense for Maryland Drug Crimes
Paul E. Mack will mount the strongest defense possible to prove your innocence or reduce the penalties as much as possible. His experience in Maryland drug crimes cases and well-rounded background as a criminal defense lawyer provide the legal counsel you need to get the best outcome from your charges.
Some of the drug crime defenses that may apply to your situation include:
- Unlawful search and seizure: Evidence was obtained without a warrant or lacked probable cause.
- Constructive possession: The police found drugs, but there is no proof that you knew about their existence or had control over the matter.
- Incorrect or missing evidence: An officer might have misidentified a substance or pill as something different or more serious than what it was.
- No intent to sell: Drug possession in large amounts often gets distorted into drug dealing. Your defense attorney should press the prosecution to prove actual evidence of selling or trafficking.
- Treatment over jail time: Many drug users would be better served by treatment and rehabilitation rather than criminal penalties.
Jurisdictions Where Paul E. Mack Practices
Conveniently located in Clarksville, MD, Paul E. Mack is just a phone call away to handle your legal case. Contact Paul E. Mack, Attorney if you need an attorney in any of the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County
- Baltimore City
- Baltimore County
- Carroll County
- Frederick County
- Howard County
- Montgomery County
- Prince George's County
- Worcester County
- And more!
Contact Paul E. Mack, Drug Crime Defense Lawyer in Maryland
To protect your freedom, reputation, and future job prospects, it’s absolutely vital that you defend your charges with help from a veteran criminal defense lawyer who is well-versed in Maryland drug crimes.
Mr. Mack is the attorney you can trust to fight diligently and provide helpful communication with you throughout the process.
Please contact us online or call our office at 443-288-6383 to schedule a free consultation with Paul E. Mack, Attorney at Law, if you need a drug crime lawyer in Maryland.